Founded in 2017 as the Wellborn Hub, the Upper Valley Teaching Place Collaborative (UVTPC) is a network of education professional development providers and practitioners who work together to advance high-quality place-based and ecological education in all Upper Valley Schools.
We envision an Upper Valley where all students are deeply engaged in education that fosters ecological understanding and connection to place.
We are working with educators, administrators, and schools across the region to connect them to the resources they need in order to meet their place-based education goals. These include:
- High-quality professional development
- Local experts
- Funding opportunities
- Networking events
- Research & Evaluation
The UVTPC is supported by the New Hampshire Charitable Foundation’s Wellborn Ecology Fund. Since its inception in 2001, the Wellborn Ecology Fund has awarded grants totaling more than $5.5 million to more than 125 organizations and programs in the Upper Valley.
What the UVTPC has to offer you:
- A dynamic local network of passionate peers who can support you in your PBEE work
- Monthly newsletters with stories of local PBEE practitioners, events, training opportunities, and grant listings.
- On-site presentations to educate staff on PBEE professional development opportunities in the Upper Valley
- Individualized consultations to help you determine and connect to the PBEE resources that are right for you
- An annual conference bringing together practitioners from around the region to share and learn about best practices in PBEE
- This website designed to provide you easy access to PBEE resources and networking opportunities.
Who We Are
The UVTPC is a diverse and committed network. We have several Working Groups that lead our work.
The UVTPC is guided by a Steering Committee that includes the following Working Group leads:
- Dawn Dextraze of the Sullivan County Conservation District
- Traci Fowler of the New Hampshire Charitable Foundation
- Hannah Gelroth of VINS
- Joan Haley of Marsh-Billings-Rockefeller National Historic Park and Shelburne Farms
- Lisa Purcell of Four Winds Nature Institute
- Beth Roy of Vital Communities’ Upper Valley Farm to School program
Emily Shipman serves as the Wellborn Hub coordinator.